Taking the next step in your teaching career is like starting an exciting adventure! Start your adventure at Wittenberg University!
Request More Information About Our Program
Wittenberg's MA in Education program offers:
- Dynamic curriculum addressing current practices and comparing those to national and international best practices.
- Local teachers and school administrators who understand our region and can help you make strides in your professional practice and an impact on our local schools.
- The option to add Principal Licensure.
- Online courses that offer maximum flexibility to best fit into your busy lifestyle.
- Faculty committed to your professional development and career success.
For decades, Wittenberg-prepared teachers have set the standard for leading in classrooms across the country and around the world.
Cohorts begin summer and fall. Join a group of colleagues who will progress through the program together, forming a supportive educational community. Completion of the MA degree can be expected in six semesters (two years attending year-round).
No GRE or GMAT Required
We do not require the GRE or GMAT for admission. Applicants must have completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.00, and have previously obtained a teaching license. Prospective students must also complete the online application listing three professional references; submit a resume and career/personal goals statement; and arrange to have official transcripts sent to Wittenberg from all undergraduate colleges/universities attended. There is no application fee.
The Learning Experience
The Master of Arts in Education degree offers two tracks, the leadership track and the reading track. Both tracks involve the same core and research-based classes and culminate in a research thesis or project. The leadership track is geared towards those who want to pursue administrative roles in education, including those who want to obtain principal licensure. The reading track is geared toward those who are committed to supporting students’ reading development in a range of capacities, and is ideal for those who have already completed their Reading Endorsement. As an MA in Education student, you will network with classmates and faculty and learn new skills and insights through:
- Synchronous and Asynchronous discussions
- Hands-on research
- Team projects
- Highly experienced faculty
Get started today! Wittenberg University welcomes you to join us!