Adult Student Financial Aid

Applying for Need-Based Financial Aid

To apply for financial assistance based on demonstrated financial need, students must:

  1. Submit an Application for Admission. You must be an accepted student to receive a financial aid award, you may begin the financial aid process before an admission decision has been reached.

  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Be sure to list Wittenberg University, Title IV Code 003143, as a recipient.

  3. To cover remaining costs, you may also apply for a Graduate PLUS Loan. Eligibility for the Graduate PLUS Loan does not depend on demonstrated financial need, but you must first file the FAFSA to qualify.

Applicants should also visit FastWeb. This free service searches and matches students with scholarship opportunities. You can also learn about financial aid and student loan options to find money to pay for school.

Depending on the graduate program for which you are applying, there may be additional scholarships or other financial aid opportunities available to reduce tuition costs. For more information, contact us at

Back to top