- Music lessons for Fall 2021 will take place in Krieg Hall on Wittenberg's campus, but lessons can still be taught online at your request.
The following general expectations apply to our community and all visitors:
- Take personal responsibility to self-identify your health status prior to coming to campus.
- Maintain personal hygiene while on campus, including regular hand washing.
- Wear face coverings in all indoor classrooms and lab settings.
- Keep personal work surfaces and common touch points clean and sanitized regularly.
Convenient Enrollment and Payment
For students interested in private lessons, the CMD Coordinator personally arranges for lessons with a private instructor. Please complete the Request More Information form. A downpayment of five lessons is required before lessons begin: ($100 for five 30-minute lessons; $150 for five 45-minute lessons; $200 for five 60-minute lessons). Please use the Online Payment Form to pay by credit card.
CMD terms follow the Wittenberg academic calendar: Fall (August-December), Spring (January-May), and Summer (May-August). Lessons can be taken in 30-minute, 45-minute, or 60-minute increments. Students are typically scheduled for one lesson per week during the term. New students can register at any time during the term.
Private Lesson Costs (per lesson):
- 30-Minute Lesson = $20.00
- 45-Minute Lesson = $30.00
- 60-Minute Lesson = $40.00
- New Student Registration Fee = $5.00 (first-time registration only)
All lessons will be paid in advance. Please remember that instructors are under no obligation to teach lessons for which you have not paid. CMD considers music study to be a long-term activity. Students are expected to commit to a full semester. At or before the first lesson please discuss with your instructor their block of time in the semester you would like to reserve for lessons accounting for times the instructor may be unavailable for lessons; holidays and unavoidable events such as student's music concerts.
All scholarship applications must be completed in the first week of lessons. CMD will email an invoice for the remainder of the lesson cost. The CMD coordinator will consider alternate payment schedules on a case by case basis, but such arrangements must be made in advance.
- Online Payment Form
- Bayley Music Experience
- Recital Dates
- Request More Information
- Cancellation Policies
- Instructor Resources
- Student/Parent Resources
2021-22 Wittenberg CMD Calendar
- Fall Semester Dates: August 30 - December 17, 2021
- Spring Semester Dates: January 9 - May 14, 2022
- Summer Semester Dates: May 16 - August 27, 2022
Recital Dates: TBA
Wittenberg University Center for Musical Development
Krieg Hall, Department of Music
632 Woodlawn Ave.
Springfield, OH 45504
- You can request more information about lessons and other opportunities that CMD: Click Here to Learn More
Thanks to generous endowments from community donors, the Center for Musical Development is able to offer scholarship opportunities for families with multiple students (up to 20% discount) and students showing significant financial need (up to 50% discount). Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis. You may not receive a need-based and family scholarship.
Scholarship students will be expected to attend lessons regularly, to practice diligently between lessons, and to perform in end-of-term recitals. All scholarships are partial, and the responsibility for timely payment of the remainder of the tuition rests with family. Delinquency may jeopardize continuation of a scholarship.
If you have questions about the Center for Musical Development, please feel free to contact CMD Coordinator Nancy Davis directly at 937-327-7052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.