Located in the basement of Recitation Hall, the Mail Room handles a variety of services related to packages and mail coming into and going out from the university each day.
Outgoing Mail (First Class)
- Campus Mailroom meters US Postal Service mail and processes mail for pick up. All faculty and staff sending university mail must include their department name in the return address label. Failure to include your department name will result in delays.
- All outgoing mail envelopes should be sent flap open in the same direction and rubber banded together.
- All outgoing mail is processed and enters USPS mail stream the same day Campus Mailroom receives it with the exception of outbound bulk mail shipments.
- All outbound US Postal Service packages must be taped shut, include a shipping address and return address, and MUST WEIGH UNDER 20 POUNDS. **please contact Campus Mailroom at 327-6322 for all international packages prior to sending**
- Packages over 20 pounds must be sent using Fed-Ex or UPS.
- All UPS must be handled through the Warehouse at our Physical Plant.
- Some US Postal Service and Fed-Ex shipping supplies are available in the Campus Mailroom.
- Campus Mailroom does not assemble departmental First Class Mail. Any First Class Mailing must be assembled by the originating department.
Expedited and Overnight Shipping
- Expedited and Overnight Shipping is available using the US Postal Service or Fed-Ex Express.
- Expedited and Overnight envelopes and limited shipping materials for the US Postal Service and Fed-Ex Express are available in the Campus Mailroom.
- Envelopes and packages must have forms filled out and be on site in the Campus Mailroom no later than 1 p.m. Monday through Friday for guaranteed same-day pick up. (Saturday and Sunday service is not available at the Campus Mailroom location)
- Mail addressed to an individual on campus originating from on campus should be in a campus envelope clearly marked "Campus Mail." Identify the intended recipient's full name, and full department.
- Campus Mailbags should be emptied and set out for return daily. Failure to return the Campus Mailbag will result in no mail delivery until the bag is returned.
- Official announcements or notices utilizing campus mail must be delivered to the campus Mailroom for distribution. Please allow up to 72 hours processing time.
Bulk Mail Processing
- Campus Mailroom can process mailings being sent to 200 or more recipients at a discounted postage rate. This is called Bulk Mail.
- Verify material with Campus Mailroom Services in advance. Glossy and extra-large material cannot be processed.
- Extra material is required for all jobs. All material must be exactly the same.
- Material must be delivered to the Campus Mailroom 30 days before the date the mailing piece is intended to be received by the recipient. This includes any item in the mailing, including envelopes, letterhead, brochures, etc.
- The recipient mailing list (electronic form in Excel format) is also required 30 days in advance. All data fields must be included in the file. Do not send files with multiple worksheets.
- ALL lists must have separate data fields. Do not combine multiple data fields into one column.
- All bulk mail envelopes will be processed in the Campus Mailroom, and all bulk mail letters will be processed in the Campus Copy Center.
- Personal mail must have pre-affixed postage to be sent out. Wittenberg does not cover the cost of personal postage for students or employees.
Faculty and Staff Mail
200 West Ward Street
Springfield, OH 45504-2120
PO Box 720
Springfield, OH 45501-0720
All Student Mail
This address can be used for all shipping and mailing services including US Postal Service, FedEx, and UPS, etc.
NOTE* Students name should be the same as recorded with the Registrar. NO Nicknames. ALWAYS include the Campus Box #.
734 Woodlawn Avenue
PO Box 6100, Campus Box #
Springfield, OH 45504
PO Box 7207
Springfield, Ohio 45501
Questions, Comments or Concerns?
Contact Jamie Kuss, Staff Assistant
Located in the basement of Recitation Hall, the Copy Center handles high-volume black and white copying (for both internal and external documents), as well as binding. Six tips for working with the Copy Center:
- Please allow for at least three days of turn time for ordinary jobs (note that this includes the time necessary for the shipping of originals to Copy Center, as well as the time necessary to ship the completed product back to your department).
- Large and/or complicated orders may require additional time. Also, when the order is large, the Copy Center may send you proofs (test copies) of the finished product for your approval before running the order.
- Electronic originals typically produce higher-quality copies than paper originals. Electronic originals can also be kept on file at the Copy Center and take less time to reach their destination. The Copy Center can work with many different file types including (but not limited to) .PDF, .DOCX, and .PUB.
- If a job that you intend to submit will require special paper, please notify Copy Center as early as possible about your needs. This gives us the time we need to ensure that your chosen stock is available in the quantities necessary to complete your order.
- When submitting a job to the Copy Center, make sure to include the relevant account number and name for your department on the order form.
- If you have any questions, do not hestitate to ask!
Click here to submit your file.
Questions, Comments or Concerns?
Contact Michael Lindeman, Staff Assistant