- A current ID is required for all transactions.
- Most books may be checked out for 21 days (or 6 months for faculty members.)
- Reserve materials may be checked out with various time limitations. (Ask at the circulation desk for reserve material.)
- Holds may be placed on books in circulation (i.e., you can have the book held for you when it is returned.)
- Most library materials may be renewed. See chart below for details on loan periods and renewals.
- Please note: Use of audio visual equipment and video programs is limited to faculty, staff, and students of Wittenberg University who are carrying out official University assignments.
Circulation Periods and Other Loan Rules
How long can you check out a book; how often can you renew it?
|Scope||Loan Period |
|Max Renewals||Renewal Period |
|Max Items Checked Out||Max|
|Main Circulating Collection||180||1||180||150|
|Curriculum Resource Center||14||1||7||99|
|OhioLINK Books, etc||42||6||42||75||25|
|SearchOhio Books, Audio Books, Music||21||3||21|
|Total Max Items Checked Out||150|
|5 ¢/day per book|
Replacement cost: $50/book
|Reserve books||Regular reserve - $1/day|
Overnight reserve - $1/hour
In-library only - $1/hour
|Audio-Visual materials||5¢/day per item|
$1/day for AV equipment
$1/hour for video equipment
|OhioLINK books||$0.50/day overdue fine
$2.00/day for recalled material
$50.00 Processing fee for item returned after 30 days overdue
$125.00 Replacement fee for lost item
|SearchOhio||$0.50/day overdue fine
$25.00 Processing fee per lost item or item returned after 30 days overdue