- B.A.: Spanish
- Minor: Spanish
- Click here to read complete descriptions of the Spanish courses offered at Wittenberg.
Major in Spanish
Requirements for Bachelor of Arts Degree in Spanish – 36 credits
- 12 credits of 200-level SPAN courses
- 12 credits of 300-level SPAN courses, including SPAN 301 or SPAN 302
- 12 credits of 400-level SPAN courses
- Spanish 301 or 302, and at least one 400-level course must be completed at Wittenberg. All coursework for the major must be taught in Spanish. Students may substitute Span 130 for one of the 400-level courses if they complete the reading, writing, and other coursework assignments in Spanish. To successfully complete the Spanish major, students turn in a final portfolio by the end of their spring semester, senior year.
Minor in Spanish
- 12 credits at the 200 level
- 8 credits at the 300 level or above
- All coursework for the minor must be taught in Spanish. Students may only take classes for the minor using the pass-fail option with the instructor's permission.
Licensure for Teaching in Spanish
Licensure for Teaching in Spanish Students interested in pursuing a course of study leading to a license to teach Spanish should contact their adviser or the Education Department for specific requirements.
World Languages and Cultures: Courses & Requirements page