What to do if you if you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted:
If a sexual offense should occur within the University District, the victim should call the Wittenberg Police on the emergency line 937-327-6363.
All victims of sexual assault should take the following actions:
- Go to a safe place.
- Do not shower, bathe, or douche.
- Do not urinate, if possible.
- Do not eat, drink liquids, smoke or brush teeth if oral contact took place.
- Keep the clothes worn during the offense. If clothes are changed, place clothes in a paper bag (evidence deteriorates in plastic).
- Get prompt medical attention.
- Do not destroy the physical evidence that may be found in the vicinity of the crime. If the crime occurred in the victim's home, the victim should not clean or straighten until the police have had an opportunity to collect evidence.
- Write down all details remembered as soon as possible.
Note: The importance of having a physical examination to collect and preserve evidence of a criminal assault, whether or not you wish to legally proceed at the time of the incident is emphasized.
On Campus available resources:
- Campus Emergencies 937-327-6363
- Wittenberg Operator 937-327-6231
- Wittenberg Police 937-327-7307
- Wittenberg Counseling Services 937-327-7811
- Wittenberg Health & Wellness Center 937-327-7811
- Student Development 937-327-7800
- University Pastor 937-327-7411
Off Campus resources:
- Police Emergency 911
- Springfield Police Dept. 937-324-7680
- Mental Health Services 937-399-9500
- National Sexual Assault Hotline 1-800-656-HOPE
- Planned Parenthood 937-325-7349
- Project Woman 937-325-3707