Should an emergency occur, you may need to take immediate action. Follow the guidelines below.
Shelter in Place
The University will broadcast a direction to shelter in place via the E2 Campus emergency notification system.
- Go indoors.
- Close and lock all doors.
- Close drapes and stay away from windows and exterior doors.
- Turn off all lights.
- Turn off all air conditioners and exhaust fans.
- Turn off audio equipment.
- Turn cell phone to vibrate.
- Do not pull fire alarm as that would start evacuation process, which could put campus community members at risk.
- Try to remain as calm as possible.
- Remain in protected areas until receipt of an “ALL CLEAR” E2 Campus message indicates the danger has passed.
Evacuation of Building(s)
In the event of an evacuation from a building or work area, an evacuation alarm will sound or campus police will notify the affected parties. Please follow these guidelines.
- Head to nearest designated exit immediately.
- Instruct others to do the same and support those needing extra assistance.
- Do not rush or panic.
- Avoid using any elevators.
- Proceed to a safe evacuation area as directed by campus police.
- Wait for instructions from emergency responders.
- Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrant areas and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- Do not re-enter the building or work area until instructed to do so by campus police, who are acting under the instruction of the incident commander.