Wittenberg University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Any concerns or complaints about Wittenberg University in general may be submitted to the HLC by clicking here.
To submit third-party comments on Wittenberg's upcoming comprehensive evaluation visit, click on this Third-Party Comment page.
Wittenberg also has several programmatic accreditations:
- Chemistry - American Chemical Society certifies Wittenberg's Chemistry degrees
- Music - National Association of Schools of Music (2013)
- Nursing - Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) (2016)
- Council for Accreditation of Teacher Preparation (CAEP) (2016)
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) (2014)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) (2015)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) (2014)
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) (2013)
- National Council for Teachers of English (NCTE) (2015)
- National Council for Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) (2013)
- National Science Teachers Association (Life Science, Earth Science, Chemistry, and Physics) (NSTA) (2013)
Accreditation Reports (MyWitt-login required)
Wittenberg's Self-Study (2006-2007), Assurance Argument (2016-2017), and HLC Team Reports are available after login in MyWitt on the Institutional Research page.