Thank you for your interest in applying to Wittenberg University. This application is for international students only. Applying online will expedite your application process with NO application fee. All non-U.S. citizens should submit an international student application. All U.S. citizens, dual U.S. citizens, and U.S. permanent residents should submit an application for domestic students. Degree-seeking International students must be a minimum age of 17 before they can apply for admission to Wittenberg University.
International Online Application:
Additional Requirements for International Admission:
- Certified Secondary and Post-Secondary Records
- These records should be certified copies of original official records/transcripts of secondary and post-secondary school work.
- All records should be in English.
- If the language of the records is not in English, a certified literal translation should be included with the original document.
- English Language Fluency Requirement
Please submit one of the following:
- Official TOEFL scores of 550 or higher, or TOEFL iBT scores of 79 or higher if your first language is any other than English: You can be exempted from the TOEFL if you score a 600 or higher on the verbal portion of the SAT. We also recognize IELTS scores. To be considered for admission, scores must exceed 6.5. Click Here
- SAT: combined score of 1050 or higher
- ACT: composite of 20 or higher
- Two letters of recommendation.
All records and letters of reference must be translated into English. Please note that letters of reference should be sent directly to the Wittenberg Office of Admission by the person writing the recommendation.
- International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA)
Please note: Wittenberg will not be able to process your application until this paper work has been completed and sent in.
Application Process and Timeline:
Once all of the above materials are submitted, the application will be reviewed by the admission and scholarship committee. The application deadlines and notification timelines are listed below. Please note that admission decisions for international students are based on academic abilities and all students are expected to show the ability to pay at least $20,000 per year for tuition, fees, room and board as well as other educational and living expenses. If the student cannot show evidence of the resources to cover these expenses, admission will not be offered.
Application Timeline for 2024
- Fall Entrance:
- June 1: Admission Application Deadline
- July 1: Deposit Deadline
- Spring Entrance:
- October 15: Admission Application Deadline
- November 15: Deposit Deadline
Once a student is admitted, he or she must submit a $500 non-refundable enrollment deposit no later than May 1 to secure enrollment at Wittenberg University. When all of the finances and documents are in order, Wittenberg University's Office of International Education will issue the I-20 in order for the student to obtain a visa to enter the United States. Additionally, after the enrollment deposit has been received, housing and course registration information will be accessible.
Application Eligibility Requirements
Degree seeking International students must be a minimum age of 17 before they can apply for admission to Wittenberg University.
At this time, Wittenberg is not able to admit International Students for any of our Graduate Degree Programs. International Students are not permitted to begin classes in the Spring semester. All applications are for Fall term only.
If the student does not complete their application or respond to inquiries within 90 days, the student will be withdrawn.
Upon request a file can be reactivated.
The Office of International Education is responsible for immigration issues and concerns, as well as orientation programs when students arrive on campus. This office also coordinates assistance to help ease adjustment to U.S. culture and Wittenberg campus life and serve as a resource prior to and during the time of enrollment.
For more information on International Transfer, please click here.