Thank you for your interest in the Wittenberg University Alumni Board. As the advisory board to the University’s alumni body, the Alumni Board seeks candidates who are proven leaders, have demonstrated service to the alumni population, are experienced in working in a collaborative environment and are committed to serving as Wittenberg ambassadors in their communities.
Please read below for more details about the nomination process.
Submitting a Nomination
- Fill out and submit the official new member nomination form online.
- Secure one or more letters of support. Letters should provide further detail on the candidate’s leadership, commitment to Witt and ability to collaborate. University staff, fellow alumni or peers may provide letters of support. Supporters may send in a letter separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
To be eligible for nomination all candidates:
- Must be alumni of Wittenberg University
- Must commit to attending four Alumni Board meetings annually unless excused and participate on a standing committee of the Alumni Board throughout the year
- Should have a history of leadership, service to the University, and the ability to collaborate and think strategically
- Should be willing to serve as an enthusiastic ambassador for the University in his or her community
- Should support the University philanthropically, annually at any level
About the Alumni Board
- The Alumni Board consists of 18 to 23 members with approximately two to five new members joining each year. Terms generally begin on July 1 and end on June 30.
- The mission of the Alumni Association is to serve as a liaison for Wittenberg University by engaging and connecting the alumni body for the purpose supporting the University’s mission and goals.
- Members can serve up to two, three-year terms.