Civic Internship Program - Summer 2021
The Civic Internship Program focuses on issues of social justice, community leadership, resume building and networking opportunities while providing practical experience in the workplace. Summer interns are expected to work full-time (35 hours/week) over the course of 8-12 weeks. During the internship, students will work under the guidance of Wittenberg University faculty and/or Greater Springfield community leaders.
- Students must have a GPA of 2.5+. Any Wittenberg student may apply.
- The Summer 2021 Hagen Center Internship will run from May 24th until July 16th.
- For information, questions, or concerns, please contact Erin Neely, 937-327-7936 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates for Summer 2021 Internship
- January 31st – Internship descriptions are due
- February 5th - Students submit Interest Forms
- February 10th - Zoom Q&A with students
- February 10th-28th – Students apply to internship sites via Handshake
- March 3rd-19th – Internship sites interview and hire students
- April – Initial orientation for site supervisors and student interns
- May 24 – Student’s start internship
- July 16 – Last day of internship and final reception
Information for Students
- Students must complete the CIP 2021 interest form for first consideration and to gain access to positions on Handshake by FEBRUARY 5th.
- Students should plan to attend the virtual information session on February 10th at 5pm.
- Students with the highest qualifications may be offered an interview with an internship site.
- Interns selected to participate in the program will be compensated at $10/hour
- Summer interns will be provided campus housing during the term of the internship.
- Students are expected to attend orientation beginning May 24th, weekly dinners and reflection sessions, final internship networking event, and complete pre- and post-surveys.
Information for Partner Sites
- Each internship must set goals and meet project criteria while having a summer intern
- 2021 Interns will be compensated $10/hour and will be provided university housing. We ask that each of our partners contribute funds to offset this cost of about $2800 for eight weeks
- Submit a project request by January 30th
- Attend an internship logistics and planning meeting - April
- Review applications for your project and conduct interviews. All positions will be posted on Handshake by the Hagen Center for students to apply directly to partners. If you have questions about this, please contact Erin Neely at 937-327-7936 or email@example.com .
- Click Here To Request a Summer Intern and Submit Your Position Due JANUARY 30th
What Students are Saying
“This summer project has given me confidence in my abilities to adapt to new situations and take on fairly autonomous projects. Additionally, I have experience seeing the behind the scenes working of a non-profit organization working toward the goal of youth development and poverty alleviation. My sociology background combined with these experiences has led me to develop a passion for servant leadership and social justice; things I will try to incorporate into my professional future.”
“After participating in the Hagen Center internship, my eyes were opened to the positive and progressive things about the community as well as the countless jobs opportunities. My eyes were also opened to realize that I want to help people as a career and this community is a place that could use my help just as much as any other.”
What Partner Sites are Saying
"Without the hard work of interns we would not be able to provide all of the services that we offer"
“Our agency was enhanced by the committed and dependable interns this summer.”