Information for Students
In addition to these core characteristics, Newman Civic Fellow nominees for the 2022-2023 academic year must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The nominee must be enrolled at a Campus Compact member institution (Wittenberg) during spring semester 2022.
- Each institution may nominate only one student.
- In keeping with Frank Newman’s passion for educational access, preference is given to students from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
- The nominee must have at least one year of their education remaining (either at their current institution or at a different one) such that they will be enrolled in higher education for the duration of the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Nominees must commit to providing a short reflection piece (video, article, or letter format) to Campus Compact during their fellowship year.
- If the nominee is selected to represent the university, the nominee must identify a local mentor for the duration of the fellowship.
- If the nominee is selected, Wittenberg will help cover the cost of transportation to the annual convening of Newman Civic Fellows.
- Students interested in applying to be Wittenberg's Newman Civic Fellow Nominee must complete the required forms below by the listed dates.
Please visit the Newman Civic Fellowship website to learn more about the opportunities provided through the Newman Civic Fellowship.
- Declaration of Intent Form (Due November 30, 2021)
- Wittenberg’s Nominee for the Newman Civic Fellowship Application (Due January 7, 2022)
- Reference Form (Due January 7, 2022)
Please contact Kimberly Creasap at email@example.com with questions about the Newman Civic Fellowship and the application process to be Wittenberg's Newman Fellow Nominee.