Skip to Content
Back to top
The Hagen Center is committed to creating and supporting civic engagement through coursework.
Faculty, whether you are a seasoned veteran of community engaged teaching, or it's your first time, we are here to help. Here's how:
- Identify a community partner
- Assist with syllabus design and course planning
- Implement and/or facilitate reflection
- Attend planning meetings, class times and final presentations
- Provide professional development opportunities for faculty
- Access to up-to-date resources in the CE field
- Serve as the university repository for records, results and reports produced by CE courses
Community Engaged Courses meet the following criteria:
- Faculty member (and/or students) works cooperatively and responsively with a community partner.
- Faculty member ensures course contributions will meet partner identified needs.
- Course syllabus will include community engagement learning goals.
- Faculty member will assign community engaged learning pre/post-test.
- Through the course, students will contribute at least 10 hours of service, support or research to the partner identified need.
- Students will complete reflection assignment.