The Hagen Center is committed to creating and supporting civic engagement through coursework.
Faculty, whether you are a seasoned veteran of community engaged teaching, or it's your first time, we are here to help.
We can help:
- Identify a community partner
- Assist with syllabus design and course planning
- Implement and/or facilitate reflection
- Attend planning meetings, class times and final presentations
- Provide professional development opportunities for faculty
- Access to up-to-date resources in the CE field
- Serve as the university repository for records, results and reports produced by CE courses
Community Engaged Courses Incorporate the following:
- Faculty member (and/or students) works cooperatively and responsively with community partner to meet partner identified needs.
- Include community engagement learning goal on course syllabus
- Assign community engaged learning pre/post test
- Students contribute 10 hours towards the project or need as pre-identified in reciprocation with the community partner.
- Combination of 10 hours outside of class or in-class/lab periods (or equivalent of)