The spring internship is a 15-week, credit-bearing program designed to provide students with practical experience in their field of study, personal area of interest, or future career path. Spring interns are expected to work approximately 4-6 hours per week in accordance with university policy. During the internship, students will work under the guidance of Wittenberg University faculty and/or Greater Springfield community leaders.
- Any Wittenberg student with 64 completed credits may apply.
- The Spring 2020 Hagen Center Internship will run from Sunday, January 12, until Thursday, May 7.
- Final presentations will take place Thursday, May 7.
- For information, questions, or concerns, contact Samantha Strich at (937) 327-7936 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Dates for Spring 2020 Program
- September 17th - Intern Request Forms Available for Interested Community Partners
- October 4th- Intern Request Forms Due
- October 7th- Student Applications Opens
- October 9th- Internship Mixer Event in Founders (5-7PM)
- October 23rd- Student Application Closes
- October 25th- Student Reference Forms Due
- November 11th-15th - Interviews (By invitation only)
- November 22nd- Students Notified of Internship Placements
Information for Students
- Spring interns can earn academic credit
- Students are expected to attend the Hagen Center pre-internship orientation, tour of Greater Springfield, weekly reflection sessions, final internship presentations, and complete pre and post surveys
Information for Partner Sites
- There is no cost incurred for partner sites to compensate student interns for their work
- Each internship must set goals and meet project criteria while hosting a spring intern
- Partner Sites will be involved in the interview and selection process for interns
- Submit a proposal to be a Spring Internship Partner Site
- Internship Project Criteria (Review Prior to Submitting Proposal for Internship Project)
What Students are Saying
“I believe this internship was the stepping stone for my career. I have met and connected with so many people, it is much appreciated.”
“This experience taught me how to better communicate when helping others, different practices to use, and tools that can apply to any type of work I will continue doing in the future.”
What Partner Sites are Saying
“Interns have always been the single greatest component of our program and have influenced many of the improvements that we have undertaken!”
“They (interns) were the most vital part of our organization. They worked with our children on a daily basis, for the whole day and ran the entire programming component!”