Stress isn't all bad! It can be motivating, challenge the way you do things, and help you better understand yourself. However, it's important to develop ways to cope with and manage stress so that it doesn't have a negative impact on your performance and ability to maintain motivation. Below are some ways you can try to manage stress:
- Identify what led to the stress. This may be an opportunity to change your habits and avoid negative stress in the future.
- Quiet your mind and take deep breaths. Move your focus to your breathing and allow for mind and body to recover from stress.
- Focus on the things you can do and change. Stressful situations can sometimes have us feeling helpless. By focusing on that which we can change, we empower ourselves to overcome stress.
- Journal your thoughts. Write down your thoughts, emotions, and worries to help you to focus on the task at hand.
- Exercise. Increase endorphins and allow the stress to melt away. Exercising helps with mental focus and releasing tension.