As an art major or an art minor, you will learn how to think both visually and critically.
The bachelor of arts (B.A.) degree offers concentrations in either studio art or art history.
The bachelor of fine arts (B.F.A.) degree offers students with considerable talent and motivation an intensive option for a studio concentration.
Our studio program focuses on traditional imaging, technical imaging, and three-dimensional structuring, and special emphases include:
- Art History
- Digital Imaging, Video & Animation
- Graphic Design
- Silver Jewelry
Your creativity can be unleashed in spacious, well-lit studios and by using equipment specifically designed for your chosen media area.
Wittenberg's location is ideal, allowing you access to local museums and those in the nearby metropolitan areas of Dayton, Columbus and Cincinnati. The Springfield Center for the Arts at Wittenberg University provides gallery space for student artwork as well as internship opportunities for those interested in arts management.
Our professors are committed to teaching and welcome the challenge of working with a wide variety of students. We are professionally involved in creative activities in our areas of research, publication and exhibitions.
Art in The News
- Grace Worley '20: Turning Passion For Art & Education Into Award-Winning Project (published May 12, 2020)
- Kelli Harrod '16: Theatre Alumna Takes on the World of Scenic Design (published January 8, 2020)
- Kimmey Mugford '21: Art Student Shares Educational Journey That Has Since Led to Work Being Displayed at 83rd National Midyear Art Exhibition (published December 2, 2019)
- Picture This: Wittenberg Senior’s Work Selected For National Photo Exhibition (published June 20, 2019)
- Dan Butera '19: Recent Wittenberg Graduate’s Work Honored with Presidential Art Award (published July 1, 2019)
- #LifeAfterWitt Madoka Yamakawa '93 and Michael Ermarth '91: Wittenberg Alumni Couple Embraces Lifelong Learning Around the World
- Feeding the Hungry: Wittenberg University’s 24th Annual Empty Bowls Raises More Than $45,000 (published April 16, 2018)
- Finding the Right Mix: Brian Ballenger ’81 Discovers His Passion in Art and Psychology (published December 5, 2017)
- Senior Art on Display: Wittenberg University’s 2017-2018 Winter Exhibition (published November 14, 2017)
- For the Love of Art: Dooley Receives the 2017 Edith B. And Frank C. Matthies Award (published July 14, 2017)