This recruitment page provides an overview of Wittenberg's notice of nondiscrimination, recruitment steps and procedures, and responsibilities for which the hiring supervisor will be accountable.
The hiring manager's role at the beginning of the hiring process is critical. Vacancies create an opportunity to rethink how departments go about getting work done. Hiring managers should strive to hire qualified, talented individuals who have an institutional fit and meet the current departmental needs, increase the representation of staff from diverse groups, and encourage career growth of current staff members.
Wittenberg's commitment to developing a diverse workforce prompts us to take positive steps to recruit, hire, train and promote qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds. For example, we must generate applications from members of minority groups, rather than simply waiting to receive them, be flexible in defining positions, and be willing to provide the necessary training and support. In this sense, diversity management goes beyond equal employment opportunity, which requires employers to eliminate discriminatory conditions.
The university's strength over our long history is based on the quality of our faculty, staff and students and their efforts to excel. Careful consideration and attention to the hiring process are essential to maintaining our standard of excellence.
Hiring & Recruiting Steps & Documents
STEP 1: Request to fill a vacant position. All forms below must be completed.
- Request to Fill a Vacancy form STAFF OR Request to Fill a Vacancy form FACULTY
- Position Description template (NOTE: This form must first be downloaded to be fillable. Click on the link to open the form, then use the download icon (third icon, top right) and "save-as" a new document to your computer.
STEP 2: The vacant position will be posted to interview Exchange and to applicable Job Boards for recruiting purposes. Pertinent documents are below.
- Background Release/FCRA forms: The candidate should complete and sign the FCRA Authorization, Disclosure and Employee Reference Release forms. The FCRA Summary of Rights must be provided to the candidate for his or her records.
- Reference Check form / Sample Reference questions
- Request to Hire PDF Fillable form STAFF or Request to Hire PDF fillable form FACULTY
- Note: If the PDF fillable forms don't open in PDF fillable format, click the "Open with a different viewer" button in the upper right corner of the forms then select the radio button "Open with Adobe Acrobat" and the forms should open as a PDF fillable forms. After completing, you must still print the forms to route for signatures.