Required training for Faculty & Staff
All new faculty and staff (and some volunteers and/or contractors) must complete training upon beginning their appointment at Wittenberg. Training modules are facilitated through SafeColleges and new hires will be provided a username and password to access the training. In order to be recorded as complete, each full training module and associated quiz must be completed. Current required trainings topics include:
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (F.E.R.P.A.)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (G.L.B.A.)
- Title IX, Sexual Harassment and Discrimination
- (effective May 2020) COVID-19
Professional Development for Administrative and Hourly Staff
- Please see the Staff Manual, Part III, Section M for the Professional Development Policy.
- To apply for Professional Development funding, please complete the Professional Development Funding Request Form and submit to your Department Head or Supervisor for approval prior to submitting to Human Resources.
Training and Professional Development for Faculty
- All full-time faculty members at Wittenberg University, with the rank of instructor or above, as well as adjunct faculty with the rank of adjunct assistant professor or above, are eligible to participate in the Faculty Development programs, subject to the specifications of each program. The program is overseen by the Faculty Development Board (FDB), as defined in the faculty bylaws.