Required training for Faculty & Staff
All new faculty and staff employees (and some volunteers and/or contractors) must complete training upon beginning their appointment at Wittenberg. Most training modules are facilitated through Vector LMS and employees can use their Wittenberg email and password to access the training. In order to be recorded as complete, each full training module and associated quiz must be completed. Current required trainings topics include:
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (F.E.R.P.A.)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (G.L.B.A.)
- Title IX, Sexual Harassment and Discrimination
- HIPAA Overview
Additionally, new employees (and some volunteers and/or contractors) must complete cybersecurity training administered by SafeTitan/CyberRiskAware. This site can be accessed by logging in with your Wittenberg credentials.
Professional Development for Administrative and Hourly Staff
- Department funds may be available for Professional Development funding; contact your Department Head or Supervisor for details.
Training and Professional Development for Faculty
- All full-time faculty members at Wittenberg University, with the rank of instructor or above, as well as adjunct faculty with the rank of adjunct assistant professor or above, are eligible to participate in the Faculty Development programs, subject to the specifications of each program. The program is overseen by the Faculty Development Board (FDB), as defined in the faculty manual.
Supervisor guides to onboarding and offboarding employees are available in the OneNote under "Supervisor Resources" on the HR Faculty & Staff Teams Channel (log-in required).
Additional Professional Development Resources for all Faculty & Staff Members
These additional resources are accessible by Wittenberg staff and faculty members and include educational webinars and other events, toolkits for inclusive hiring, and more.
HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
SOCHE - Strategic Ohio Council for Higher Education
AICUO - Association of Independent Colleges & Universities of Ohio