A newly hired eligible employee has 31 days from the date of employment to elect coverage and coverage is effective on the first day of the month on, or following, the date of employment.
Eligible employees experiencing qualifying life events have 31 days from the date of the event to elect or change coverage. Coverage will be effective on or following the first day of the month coinciding with the qualifying event.
All benefit eligible employees can elect to add, change, or remove coverage during the university's annual enrollment period usually held in late October.
Summary of Benefits
- 2023 Medical - Anthem HDHP with HSA
- 2023 Dental - Superior Dental
- 2023 Vision - Anthem Blue View Vision
Anthem Healthcare Certificate
- HDHP with HSA Booklet/Certificate (100+ pages)
Anthem Transparency in Coverage & Machine Readable Files
- Transparency in Coverage regulations require health insurers and group health plans to create machine readable files that contain the negotiated rates for in-network providers and allowed amounts derived from historical claims for out-of-network providers and make those files publicly available. They must be made available on an open-access website effective July 1, 2022.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: A machine readable file is a digital representation of data or information in a file that can be imported or read by a computer system for further processing without human intervention. While we have posted the open access link as required, it is important to note that these files follow the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) defined layout and are in the CMS approved format (JSON) and are NOT meant for a consumer-friendly search of rates, benefits, or cost sharing. Please refer to the member resources available through anthem.com for this information.
The machine readable files are published and updated each month by Anthem via this link: https://www.anthem.com/machine-readable-file/search/
Medicare is a government national health insurance program available to people age 65 and older. This program covers inpatient hospital stays, care in skilled nursing facilities, home health care, doctors' services, outpatient care, medical supplies, preventive service, prescription drugs and more. Medicare enrollment is offered during the following periods:
- Initial Enrollment: A 7-month period that stretches 3 months before, the month of, and 3 months after your 65th birthday month
- General Enrollment: Every year between January 1st through March 31st
- Special Enrollment: Due to a qualifying event such as loss of employer coverage
For more information on Medicare, please see the links below
- Medicare Overview
- Wallace & Turner (local Springfield Medicare broker)
Mental & Behavioral Health Resources
- Anthem LifeHealthOnline Psychology
- Counseling Resources
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Wellness Webpage
Helpful Documents & Videos
- Anthem - Find care flyer
- Anthem - HDHP with HSA Preventive Rx drug list
- Anthem - Covered Preventive Services
- Anthem - NurseLine flyer
- Anthem - Virtual Primary Care (VCP)
- Claim form - IngenioRx (Anthem Rx provider)
- Healthcare Glossary of Terms
- Video - Become Familiar with HDHP/CDHP Concepts
- Video - The Importance of Preventive Care
- Video - Using Technology (Telehealth) for Office Visits
- Video - Benefit Resource Center & assistance with claims issues