DAISY Foundation Program
Wittenberg University is proud to announce its participation in the The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Students and Extraordinary Nursing Faculty. Attached is information about the DAISY Award, its history, the nomination forms for both Students and Faculty, and other information that will be useful as you fill out your nomination forms.
The deadline for submission of your nominations is March 31, 2023.
All nominations should be returned to: Debbie Edwards, DAISY Award Coordinator, PO Box 720, Springfield, OH 45501, or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the nominations have been received they will be forwarded to the selection committee, who make the final decision on who shall receive the award, based on exemplification of the criteria listed below. One Nursing Student and one Nursing Faculty member will be selected and the award will be presented at the pinning ceremony on May 12.
The criteria for student nominees is:
- Demonstrates commitment to compassionate care of patients and families.
- Makes a connection with Patients, Families and Peers by building trust and respect.
- Advocates strongly for patients and families.
- Must be a Junior or Senior nursing student.
The criteria for faculty nominees is:
- Serves as a role model and mentor for professional nursing.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching, learning, and nursing that inspires and motivates students.
- Demonstrates interest in and respect for learners.
- Uses personal attributes (e.g. caring, confidence, patience, integrity and flexibility) that facilitate professional growth.
- Is fair and unbiased in his/her treatment of individual students.
- Displays excellent interpersonal skills.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with students and colleagues.
- May only be awarded once every three years.
If you have any questions, please contact me at 937-327-7382 or via email at email@example.com.