Spring Semester Closing
Fall Semester Closing Fall 2021
Campus Housing Closes: Saturday, December 17, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
Campus Housing Opens: Sunday, January 8, 2023 at Noon.
CDR Meals end: Friday, December 16, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
CDR Meals begin: Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Residents are required to leave campus no later than 24 hours after their last exam.
Residence halls are not accessible during break. Students will not be able to get in if they forget something.
24-hour Quiet Hours are in effect from 8pm Friday, December 9th through Closing on December 17th.
Campus housing will be closed and all students are expected to leave campus during the Winter Break period. If break housing is needed, please submit the Winter Break Housing Request form through your Housing Portal:
- Log into your Witt Housing Portal
- Log in with your Wittenberg email and password
- Click the “Apps & Forms” tab on the top left menu
- Select Winter Break Housing Request (Fall 2022)
- All requests are due by 5PM on December 2, 2022.
- Please note, having to work in the Springfield area will not be a reason you can be approved for break housing
Meal Plans are not active during the break period and meal service is limited or unavailable. All campus housing will be inspected to ensure that they are prepared for break. Any policy violations will be documented and your student account may be charged. Facilities Management may access rooms as needed for maintenance.
If you are NOT returning to campus after Winter Break:
- Please be sure to notify email@example.com of your plans
- Please complete a proper check out and return your key to Student Development (Shouvlin 101) or to the key drop off box outside of the WittPD dispatch window located behind Recitation Hall. Failure to checkout properly or return your room key will result in improper checkout and lock change charges.
- Remove all belongings and trash from your room and common spaces. All personal belongings must be removed from the room and common spaces at the time of checkout; any belongings left behind will be considered abandoned and the student will be charged for the removal or disposal.
- Please continue to check Wittenberg email for two weeks following closing to ensure you have a chance to see any potential damage charge notice. The room will be inspected by Residence Life and Facilities Management professional staff before final determination of damages is made. Please note, RAs (undergraduate, paraprofessional staff members) do not assign damage charges. Residence Life has the right to assess charges based on the room's condition, the information on the RCR, and whether or not the student checked out properly. The student also shares responsibility for the condition of the living unit's common spaces.
If you are returning after break, but are moving to a new housing assignment: Please work with Residence Life to set up a moving timeline to properly check out of your old assignment and check in to your new assignment. Please prepare for your move by ensuring all items are packed and ready to move by your designated time.
If you are returning after break to the same assignment you currently have: You may keep your belongings in your residence as long as you following the closing expectations below:
BEFORE LEAVING CAMPUS:
- If you have a vacancy in your residence:
- In Residence Halls - Please clear one full set of furniture/side of room in preparation for a potential new roommate.
- In WittenBurbs - Please ensure that the vacant room is completely clear and ready for a potential new occupant.
- Tell your RA when you plan to leave (if moving out, you must checkout with an RA)
- Clean your residence & leave in good order
- Empty trash & recycle bins
- Take down/remove all decorations
- Residence Halls only:
- Remove all food from fridge and freezer
- Leave fridge open & unplugged (defrost properly before you leave)
- Remove all valuables & medications
- Unplug all electrical items/appliances, including surge protectors, from the wall
- Drain and clean aquarium, take fish and/or ESA with you
- Leave heat on & set thermostat to 60 degrees (Burbs/New Hall)
- Lock all windows, close drapes/blinds
- Turn off lights, close and lock your door