Students in University houses and apartments are permitted to stay in their assigned residence during in-semester breaks (Thanksgiving & Spring). Fall residents registered for Spring semester who are in good academic standing and have no holds are permitted to stay in their assigned residence during Winter break. If a fall resident is not registered for spring for any reason, they are expected to vacate their residence and complete a checkout by closing in December or within 48 hours of the status change. Students will be asked to RSVP for break housing so that Residence Life can maintain an accurate roster of occupants in residence during the break period.
Students in Residence Halls must vacate the halls during the break period. The outside locks will be changed so no students can gain access. Break housing is available, but students must have a valid reason for obtaining a break key. Please fill in a Thanksgiving Break Housing Request Form if housing is needed.
Stay Request Deadline: Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Halls Close: Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017 at 10 a.m.
Halls Re-Open: Sunday, Nov. 26, 2017 at 12 Noon
Thanksgiving Break Housing Request Form
Residents living in the 'BURBS are not required to leave over breaks.
For safety and security issues, residents are asked to use the link below to notify Residence Life of intention to occupy a property over break.
'BURBS Thanksgiving Break Housing Form
Stay Request Deadline: Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018 at 5 p.m.
Halls Close: Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 10 a.m.
Halls Re-Open: Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 12 Noon
Spring Break Housing Request Form
All rooms will be inspected after hall closing to ensure residence halls are prepared for breaks.
Please be sure to do the following:
- Tell your RA when you plan to leave
- Clean room & leave in good order
- Empty wastebaskets & recycle bins
- Remove all valuables & medications
- Drain aquarium and take fish with you
- Unplug all electrical items/cords
- Anything that is plugged in except refrigerator (Thanksgiving break only)
- Remove all food from fridge and freezer (Spring Break)
- Leave fridge open & unplugged (Spring Break)
- Leave heat on & set thermostat to 60° (if applicable)
- Lock all windows, close drapes/blinds
- Take assistance animal with you
- Turn off lights & lock your door