Wittenberg offers Summer housing for students taking classes, working on campus, or with other academic obligations (completing research or an internship) on campus or in the surrounding community. For Summer 2020, housing will be available in Sprecher, Keller, and New Hall. If you are currently living in a house or apartment and renewed for Fall, it may be possible for you to stay in your current home over Summer.
How to request a room
Complete a Summer Housing Request to let us know your intention to stay, requested dates, and reason. Once approved, you will receive a summer housing agreement through your Wittenberg email. All requests are subject to review and housing is not guaranteed. Summer housing request are due no later than May 1. All requests are subject to review and housing is not guaranteed.
Summer housing location and availability will depend upon facility and University needs. Summer housing placements will take into account spring/fall assignments as well as credit hours. There is no subletting of properties permitted for any reason; University houses and apartments will not be available to individuals not assigned to the property in the preceding spring semester or subsequent fall semester. There is no storage of personal belongings over the summer. Not all properties will be available for summer housing. Move schedules will be determined by Residence Life based on facility and departmental needs. Summer housing carries separate fees, meal plan requirements, and agreement signing.
If you decide not to stay after signing your Summer Housing Agreement, contact Residence Life to cancel your housing. This must be completed no later May 17, 2020 (for Summer Terms 1 & 3) or July 5, 2020 (for Summer Term 2). Cancellations that occur after the scheduled move-in date for the term are not eligible for refund. If you cancel your housing after being checked in, you will be required to move out with 48 hours.
There is no storage in any campus housing over the summer. Any items found will be considered abandoned and will be disposed of with a fine charge to the student(s) for removal and/or disposal.
Students who are renewing their current property for the 2020-2021 academic year are able to request summer housing, but requests approved are only for the assigned bedroom of the student requesting summer housing. Students are required to complete a Summer Housing Request, sign a Summer Housing Agreement, and pay for Summer housing to keep items in the home. Without a Summer Housing Agreement, any items found will be considered abandoned and will be disposed of with a fine charge to the student(s) for removal and/or disposal. Any storage of belongings that appears to be beyond that of the approved summer resident will be charged as additional summer housing.
Dorm Room Movers
Move-out day will be here before you know it. Our official storage provider, Dorm Room Movers can help you with your stuff this summer so you can focus on what really matters, college!
This is how easy it is: They send you boxes and tape. You pack - that’s it. Their movers will pick up your items, store them while you’re away, and deliver everything back to you when you return! Dorm Room Movers can also ship boxes home or wherever you need them.
Register now and join over 50,000 students that have made life easier for themselves and their parents by leaving storage & shipping to Dorm Room Movers!
No stress because:
- They send you boxes and tape to pack.
- Picked-up and delivered by professional movers.
- $100 insurance per box or unboxed item.
- Climate-protected storage and 24/7 security.
- BBB A+ accredited.
Other things to know about summer housing
- Any housing needs past hall closing (or approved commencement closing) are considered part of Summer Housing; including requests from residents to keep belongings in Witten'Burbs housing.
- Summer housing placements will be in New Hall or Sprecher/Keller Apartments, taking into account Spring and Fall assignments as well as eligibility for Witten'burbs housing.
- Students not currently in a Witten’Burbs property should plan on needing a meal plan.
- Summer housing location and availability will depend upon facility and University needs. Not all properties will be available for summer housing.
- There is no subletting of properties permitted for any reason.
- University houses and apartments will not be available to individuals not assigned to the property in the preceding Spring semester and subsequent Fall semester.
- Move schedules will be determined by Residence Life based on facility and departmental needs.
- Summer housing carries separate fees, meal plan requirements, and agreement signing.