*Please note, all information below is from last summer, the dates have been adjusted, but the other information is subject to change.
- There is no storage in residence halls over the summer. Any items found in hall/room areas will be considered trash and will be disposed of and you will be charged a fine and disposal fee. This includes bikes, appliances, furniture, trash, etc.
- Requests to store in a Witten’burb property are considered Summer Housing and carry the same charge. Any items left in a University apartment or house that have not contracted for summer housing will be removed and disposed of at the student(s)’ expense.
- There are many local storage companies – a quick online search will provide options, reviews, and contact info. Let them know you are a Wittenberg student – they may offer special rates.
- Students are responsible for the transportation of their items. University staff cannot assist with the transportation, storage, or disposal of student belongings.
- Graduating seniors and students currently living in a residence hall who are authorized by the Event Office to stay for commencement (ushers, band members, etc.) may stay in their spring room until commencement concludes on Saturday, May 12; move out and check out must be completed by 4pm Saturday, May 12th.
- Witten’burbs residents can stay in their University house or apartment until the end of their spring contract May 14 at noon with or without a role in Commencement – however, we still need you to rsvp so we have an accurate roster.
- You must still check out properly with a staff member (as indicated above) or by express checkout form on time.
- If you need to stay in your spring housing between May 10-May12 (residence halls) or May 9-May 14, you must complete a request so that we have an accurate roster no later than April 24.
- Request form will be available soon!
Summer Housing (Please note, this information is subject to change)
- Any housing needs past hall closing (or approved commencement closing) are considered part of Summer Housing; including requests from Witten’burb residents to keep belongings in their University house or apartment.
- Summer housing requests can be requested if you are engaged in university related activity (taking classes, completing research, working on campus or at an internship site, etc.)
- Please note that all requests are subject to review and housing is not guaranteed.
- Summer housing is offered in New Hall; limited housing is available in the Witten'burbs. Summer housing placements will take into account spring '18 and fall '18 assignments as well as eligibility for Witten'burbs housing (credit hours).
- Students with a fall Witten’burb assignment who are not currently in a Witten’burb property should plan on a meal plan as ability and timing of the move into your fall assignment will be limited by the facility schedule for that property and cannot be guaranteed available at the start of summer.
- If you need summer housing you must fill out the online request form no later than April 10
- Request form coming soon!
- Summer Room and Board Agreement
Summer housing location and availability will depend upon facility and University needs. Summer housing placements will take into account spring/fall assignments as well as credit hours. There is no subletting of properties permitted for any reason; University houses and apartments will not be available to individuals not assigned to the property in the preceding spring semester or subsequent fall semester. There is no storage of personal belongings over the summer. Not all properties will be available for summer housing. Move schedules will be determined by Residence Life based on facility and departmental needs. Summer housing carries separate fees, meal plan requirements, and agreement signing.
Any housing needs past Residence Life closing (or approved commencement closing) are considered part of Summer Housing, including the Residence Halls and University houses and apartments. Students engaged in university related activity (taking classes, completing research, working on campus or at an internship site, etc.) can request summer housing. Please note that all requests are subject to review and housing is not guaranteed.