Annual Budget allocations for registered student organizations take place in the spring semester. If an organization is eligible to receive funds for the next academic year (fall 2020 & spring 2021), the organization must attend an annual budget hearing. Student organizations that have completed the annual registration process by February 28, 2020 will be considered for annual budget allocations. Organizations that have selective memberships including fraternities, sororities, and honor societies are not eligible for annual budget allocation funding of the Student Activity Fee. Please review the Philosophy of Funding for the Wittenberg University Student Senate when developing your budget and preparing for your hearing.
Annual budget hearings for 2020-2021 are noted below. Organizations must complete an annual budget hearing request form in advance of the hearing. All hearings will be held on moodle; treasurers will request a hearing date and time when completing the budget request form.
Thursdays in April 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Organizations wishing to request funds mid-year should make their request via Tiger Fund.
During the 15-minute budget hearing, the organization representative(s) will need to justify all items on the budget request and how they contribute to the organization’s operation.
The required budget allocation outline (Excel document) is downloadable from this site. Your budget request needs to be extremely detailed. Please divide the request between fall and spring as shown in the sample below. BUDGET REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN EXCEL. Click here to download the Excel Document.
* If your organization prefers another format, please notify Asharee Jones.
- A sample budget allocation outline can be found here.
Some tips for revising the budget allocation outline are below. If you have questions or need assistance, contact Asharee Jones.
- TIP 1 – In order to add a line in the excel sheet, right click on the line you want to be below, and select “insert”.
- TIP 2 – When adding rows or events, you can copy and paste what is already created. Sometimes the formula won’t copy over correctly, feel free to reach out to me for help.
- TIP 3 – Rename the excel file as your organization's name.