All residents should sign up for a check-in appointment time by Sunday, January 3, 2021. Sign-ups are through your housing portal.
Non-Witt helpers require prior approval from Residence Life.
For more information, go to Health Questionnaire | Wittenberg University
RA Check-In: Sunday, January 10, 2021 by appointment only @ Student Development (Shouvlin 1010)
New Student Move-In: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 by appointment only @ Student Development (Shouvlin 101)
Returning Residence Hall Students Check-In: Thursday, January 14, 2021 - Sunday, January 17, 2021 by appointment only @ your residence hall
Returning Witten'Burbs Students Check-In: Thursday, January 14, 2021 - Sunday, January 17, 2021 by appointment only @ Student Development (Shouvlin 101)
Students completing a mid-year room change should follow the instructions emailed to them by Residence Life.
We are excited to welcome students back to their campus home in January. As members of the Tiger family, each of us have a responsibility to protect our fellow Tigers – students, staff, faculty, and our family and friends. The plans below have been developed to help all members of our Tiger family stay safe during move-in.
- Students should arrive at the designated check-in location during their designated check-in time. Arrivals outside of the designated times are not permitted and may be denied entirely or charged a daily fee.
- Students will need a picture ID for check-in (school ID, license, passport, etc.) and they need to ensure that all holds have been cleared prior to arrival. An account hold can prevent Residence Life from issuing a key or permitting the student to move-in.
- Students should wait until Residence Life issues them a key to move into their residence - even if their roommate/housemate has already arrived.
Given the need for physical distancing, move-in will be spread out over more time and will be scheduled in advance. All arrivals will be limited to 10am - 4pm each day. Check-in/key pick-up times will be available for the general residential population beginning as early as January 14. New residents will have the opportunity to move in as early as January 13 to allow for the presence of helpers and adequate physical distancing. Helpers are not anticipated as necessary for returning residents as students were able to leave their belongings in their campus residence during the break. If you are a returning resident and need a helper, please coordinate with any roommates or housemates to avoid potential overlap.
Instructions for signing up for a check-in time will be sent to all returning residential students by December 15. New residents will receive instructions regarding move-in as they receive their housing assignment. Sign-ups will occur through the online Housing System. All residents will have an open block of time to sign-up for a time that works best for them within the schedule above. Like class registration or housing lottery, as more time passes, more students will gain access to sign up for their check-in time; students should sign up as early within their assigned window as possible to ensure as many time options as possible. All students should sign up no later than January 3 to enable our office to properly prepare for their arrival.
Key pick-up will be as limited contact as possible. In most situations, check-in will be in a central location, one-direction traffic only and adequate spacing between appointments to prevent overlap. Residence Hall students will report to their hall's main lobby for key pick up; all Witten'Burbs residents will pick up their keys at the Shouvlin Center. Please wear a face covering and bring your picture ID. Only the resident should arrive at key pick-up. Helpers are restricted to only new residents; returning residents should not be bringing helpers to campus without prior approval from Residence Life. Non-Wittenberg guests are still not permitted on campus as of this publishing. All requested helpers must submit a visitor request form and be approved at least 48 hours in advance of their arrival.
Quarantine & COVID-19 Precautions
It is vital that all students and helpers follow these precautions for everyone’s safety:
- Monitor and self-quarantine as needed 14 days prior to move-in to ensure you are not symptomatic. This includes delaying your return to campus if you have been exposed to any individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 within that time. Students returning to campus from areas of high transmission (as noted on Ohio's travel advisory system) are asked to quarantine after their travel. Generally this should be completed off campus.
- Wear a face covering properly whenever you are in common spaces, including stairwells, hallways, bathrooms, lounges, etc.
- Maintain physical distancing from others (ODH requires 6 feet). This does include roommates, housemates, and suitemates as much as possible. When distancing is not possible in these situations, be sure to wear proper face covering for everyone’s safety.
- Wipe down surfaces you touch in common spaces whenever possible.
Spring meal plans will be active as of the Student’s scheduled move-in date. Students that need to modify their meal plan arrangements have until the fourth day after their scheduled arrival or January 21, whichever is earlier. Changes can be made online through the Wittenberg Housing system. Instructions for meal plan selection are here.
If you are not returning to University housing for the spring 2021 semester but still need to retrieve your belongings, contact Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for a time slot between 8am-5pm January 4 and January 8 to retrieve them. You can bring up to two additional people to help you. If you are unable to retrieve your items, you may designate someone else to pick them up, provided you notify Residence Life and your roommates first.
We will continue to provide updates as new information and guidance emerges. We are grateful for your ongoing patience and flexibility. Please continue checking your Wittenberg email and the website over the coming weeks. Be safe and we’ll see you in a few weeks!