Internships are an excellent way to learn more about a possible career avenue. Spending time in a work environment related to your area of interest allows you to gain valuable experience, develop a professional network, understand workplace expectations, and receive college credit for real-world experience. For more information about registering for internships, please click here.
Our students have participated in a wide range of biology-related internship opportunities locally, across Ohio, and across the country.
Wittenberg’s Internship programs:
- Cedar Bog Nature Preserve, Urbana, OH
- Clinical Internship program. Designed for pre-health juniors and seniors who seek to gain experience in a clinical setting before applying to a health professional graduate program.
- Freshwater Farms of Ohio, Urbana, OH
- Job and Internship Board. This site is full of internship opportunities available to current Wittenberg students.
- United States Forest Service – Huron National Forest
Great Opportunities in Ohio
- Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, Dayton, OH
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Cincinnati, OH
- Cincinnati Zoo, Cincinnati, OH
- Clark County Park District, Springfield, OH
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Columbus Zoo, Powell, OH
- COSI, Columbus, OH
- National Trail Parks and Recreation District, Springfield, OH
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus OH
- Newport Aquarium, Newport, Kentucky (< 2 minutes from Ohio border)
Great Opportunities Nationally
- National Institute of Health Clinical Research Volunteer Program
- National Park Service
- National Science Foundation Summer Scholars Internship Program
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Forest Service