Because the quality of their teacher education program at Wittenberg will determine, to a large degree, the success of their teaching careers, students have a legitimate right to be involved in decisions affecting their professional training. Therefore, an Advisory Board composed of students pursuing licensure in the Teacher Education Program was established in 1968.
The purposes of the Advisory Board are:
- To have voice and vote in curriculum and policy decisions of the Department.
- To communicate the concerns of teacher candidates to the Department.
- To provide a communication link between faculty and teacher candidates.
- To help the Education Department strengthen the Teacher Education Program.
Dr. Yontz, Chair of the Education Department, convenes the Student Advisory Board. The Student Advisory Board for the 2018-2019 school year consists of:
- Erykah Andrews, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chelby Dye, email@example.com
- Megan Flaherty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kayla Hall (Kappa Delta Pi delegate), email@example.com
- Kellie O’Connor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kaitlyn Roberts, email@example.com
- Hawk Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gabrielle Szydlowski, email@example.com
- Bob Wiedeke, firstname.lastname@example.org
- WUSEA Rep.
All Education majors and minors should feel free to contact the Student Advisory Board members at any time.