Associate Professor and Chair of Business and Economics Departments
Hollenbeck Hall 218-G
- WTSM 100 Personal Finance
- ECON 190 Intro to Economics
- BUSN 330 Financial Management
- BUSN 381 Applied Business
- BUSN 430 Investment Analysis
- BUSN 460 Strategic Planning & Policy
- Ph.D. Middle Tennessee State University, Economics, 2009
- M.A. Middle Tennessee State University, Economics, 2006
- B.S. Miami University, Economic, 2002
- Wilson, R. (2014) The Poor Laws: A Comparison of Three Original Pamphlets.Journal of Economics and Politics, 21(1).
- Wilson, R. & Yontz, B. D. (2014). Degree Completers at Baccalaureate Arts and Sciences Institutions and the Contemporary U.S. Macro-economy. Innovative Higher Education, 40(1).
- "Urbana University launches pathway to entrepreneurship." Springfield News and Sun Business to Business. August 3, 2010.
- Meermans, L & Wilson R. (2016) Northstar Café: Food Cost Accounting. Journal of Critical Incidents, 9.
- Baran, L & Wilson R. Who You Connect With Matters: Director Networks and Firm Location. Journal of Financial Research. Forthcoming.
- “The Temptation to Discount: Does Unfunded Tuition-Discounting Improve the Financial Stability of Private Universities?” Society of Business, Industry, and Economics. Co-presented with Professor Lindsay Meermans. April 2017
- "Who You Connect With Matters: Director Networks and Firm Location", Sourthern Finance Association Annual Meeting. Co-presenting with Dr. Lindsay Baran of Kent State University. November 2016.
- Food Cost: Exploring the Cost of Goods Sold Model at Northstar Café.” Society for Case Research conference. Co-presented with Professor Lindsay Meermans. March 2016
- "Degree Completers at Baccalaureate Arts and Sciences Institutions and the Contemporary U.S. Macro-Economy." Clute Institute. Breckenridge, CO Aug 2013. Co-presented with Dr. Brian Yontz. Best Paper in Session Award.
- "The Poor Laws: A Comparison of Three Original Reform Proposals," Ohio Association of Economist and Political Scientist, Ada, Oh, Oct 2012.
- "The Regulation of Advanced Practice Nurses and State Health Expenditures." Midwestern Economic Association, Chicago, March 2010.
- "Employment Based Health Insurance: Can Liberalized Regulations of Advanced Practice Nurses Help Curb Soaring Health Premiums?," Southern Economic Association, Washington DC, November 2008.
- "Individual Health Insurance: Can Liberalized Regulations of Advanced Practice Nurses Help Curb Soaring Health Premiums?," Academy of Economics and Finance, Nashville, TN, February 2007.
- Ohio Association of Economists and Political Scientists, board member.
Memberships and Offices Held in Professional Associations
- Southern Finance Association (2016)
- Society for Case Research (2016)
- Reviewer for the Journal of Economics and Politics (2014- 2015)
- Ohio Association of Economists & Political Scientist (2011-present)
- Board member (2013-present)
- Midwest Economic Association (2010)
Dr. Wilson is currently interested in economic history of economic thought, health economics, and the economics of higher education.
Dr. Wilson has two active boys, Burke and Reed, who keep her happily exhausted. She knows she couldn't manage working and raising a family if it were not for her amazing husband, Chad, who works as a worship pastor at Fellowship Christian. She is also very fortunate to have a retired mom who helps take care of the boys when she is at work!