Associate Professor of Business & Economics
Director of Partnership Outreach
Finance & Economics
Hollenbeck Hall 211
- ECON FYS Economics and Society
- ECON 200 Intro to Economics
- ECON 300 Econometrics
- BUSN 330 Financial Management
- BUSN 430 Investment Analysis
- Ph.D. Middle Tennessee State University, Economics, 2009
- M.A. Middle Tennessee State University, Economics, 2006
- B.S. Miami University, Economics, 2002
- Wilson, R., & Reboulet, A. (2021). "Benefits of a Liberal Arts Education on Effective Business Communication. In R. Jackson, & A. Reboulet (Eds.), Effective Strategies for Comminating Insights in Business. IGI Global.
- Yontz, B. D. & Wilson, R. E. (2021). Teacher salary differentials and student performance: Are they connected? Journal of Educational Issues, 7(1), 168-183.
- Wilson R. (2019) The Springfield Foundation: A Case for Simplifying? Journal of Critical Incidents, 12.
- Baran, L & Wilson R. (2018) Who You Connect With Matters: Director Networks and Firm Location. Journal of Financial Research, 41 (1)
- Meermans, L & Wilson R. (2016) Northstar Café: Food Cost Accounting. Journal of Critical Incidents, 9.
- Wilson, R. & Yontz, B. D. (2014). Degree Completers at Baccalaureate Arts and Sciences Institutions and the Contemporary U.S. Macro-economy. Innovative Higher Education, 40(1).
- Wilson, R. (2014) The Poor Laws: A Comparison of Three Original Pamphlets. Journal of Economics and Politics, 21(1).
- Academy of Management Teaching and Learning Conference (during annual meeting of the Academy of Management): Fusing of the Minds: A Novel Approach to Developing Transdisciplinary Sustainability Curriculum. August 2022. Seattle, Washington.
- Accountants and Personality Types: A Survey of Job Satisfaction, at Society of Business, Industry, and Economics (SOBIE), April 14, 2022
- AAC&U Global Learning conference on October 8-10, 2020. Build a BASIC Module around the SDGs: Business and Science Integrated Curriculum for Sustainability
- Wilson, R & Brian Yontz. “Expectation and Realities: Teacher Salary Differentials and Student Performance.” National Network for Educational Renewal Annual Conference. October 2019.
- Wilson, R. “The Springfield Foundation: A Case for Indexing?” Academy of Finance. March 2019.
- “The Temptation to Discount: Does Unfunded Tuition-Discounting Improve the Financial Stability of Private Universities?” Society of Business, Industry, and Economics. Co-presented with Professor Lindsay Meermans. April 2017
- "Who You Connect With Matters: Director Networks and Firm Location", Sourthern Finance Association Annual Meeting. Co-presenting with Dr. Lindsay Baran of Kent State University. November 2016.
- “Food Cost: Exploring the Cost of Goods Sold Model at Northstar Café.” Society for Case Research conference. Co-presented with Professor Lindsay Meermans. March 2016
- “Degree Completers at Baccalaureate Arts and Sciences Institutions and the Contemporary U.S. Macro-Economy.” Clute Institute. Breckenridge, CO Aug 2013. Co-presented with Dr. Brian Yontz. Best Paper in Session Award.
- “The Poor Laws: A Comparison of Three Original Reform Proposals,” Ohio Association of Economist and Political Scientist, Ada, OH, Oct 2012.
- “The Regulation of Advanced Practice Nurses and State Health Expenditures.” Midwestern Economic Association, Chicago, March 2010
- “Employment Based Health Insurance: Can Liberalized Regulations of Advanced Practice Nurses Help Curb Soaring Health Premiums?,” Southern Economic Association, Washington DC, November 2008.
- “Individual Health Insurance: Can Liberalized Regulations of Advanced Practice Nurses Help Curb Soaring Health Premiums?,” Academy of Economics and Finance, Nashville, TN, February 2007.
- Co-PI on "Collaborative Research: Broadening the Fusion of STEM and Business Curricula in Undergraduate Sustainability Education"
- The $2.4M BASICS NSF grant is a collaboration with Wittenberg, Bently, Northern Illinois University, & the Science Education Resource Center-Carleton to support a transdisciplinary culture of change & build open access STEM-Business curriculum featuring UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Memberships and Offices Held in Professional Associations
- Academy of Management (2019, 2022)
- Southern Finance Association (2016)
- Society for Case Research (2016, 2020, 2022)
- Reviewer for the Journal of Economics and Politics (2014- 2015)
- Ohio Association of Economists & Political Scientist (2011-2013)
- Midwest Economic Association (2010)
Dr. Wilson is currently interested in sustainability education and the economics of higher education.
Dr. Wilson has two active boys, Burke and Reed, who keep her happily exhausted. She knows she couldn't manage being a professor and raising a family if it were not for her amazing husband, Chad, who runs his own audio and visual production company.