Thank you for your interest in the Center for Musical Development at Wittenberg University. Enclosed is a scholarship application for musical study.
This scholarship is need-based. Careful consideration is given to the student's letter of application and to the recommendation from a music teacher who knows the student. The funds for our endowed scholarship fund are limited; most scholarships will amount to 20% to 35% of the total tuition.
Scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis for the entire year, extending from September through August. Scholarship applicants need apply only once during the year. Scholarship students are expected to attend lessons regularly, to practice between lessons and to perform in CMD term-end recitals. Failure to maintain acceptable performance in any of these areas may lead to termination of the award.
If you have questions about the application, the scholarship process, or the Center for Musical Development, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CMD Scholarships are awarded according to these guidelines (click here):
- Scholarships are need-based and the family of the applicant must demonstrate financial need by completing the application completely. We may require additional documentation in certain cases.
- In addition, the student must submit a supplementary response in (his/or her) own words why he/she wants to have musical instruction on their instrument.
- Also a music instructor familiar with the student needs to submit comments about this student's musical potential and perceived seriousness of musical study.
- All scholarships are partial and the responsibility for timely payment of the remainder of the tuition and registration fees rests with the family. Delinquency may jeopardize continuation of a scholarship. You may not receive both a need based and family scholarship.
- Scholarships are awarded each semester. The application and accompanying documentation, however, are submitted only once during the year which extends from September through August. The applicant must reapply for scholarship aid each year. Funds are limited and aid is awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- The CMD Director or other appointed faculty may periodically observe lessons of the scholarship recipient.
- Scholarship recipients must demonstrate commitment to serious music study through regular attendance at lessons and home practice. Students are encouraged to play for others and to participate in CMD recitals, school, community and church musical organizations.