Weaver Chapel is located on East Campus Drive, right in the middle of campus and across the street from historic Myers Hall, the first building constructed on the Wittenberg campus. Built in 1956, the chapel's 212-foot steeple is one of the first things that you'll see while heading towards campus.
In each window, the graphic portion consists of solid lead, and glass is used only as a background. The 24 panels at the front entrance depict the history of Wittenberg from Luther's Wittenberg in Germany to the present institution. The last pane displays Wittenberg's Seal and motto, "Having Light We Pass It on to Others." Outside the chapel, the statues on the 212-foot steeple represent Gottfried Leibnitz, John Milton, Johann Sebastian Bach, St. Augustine, Martin Luther and St. Paul of Tarsus.
Home to the various convocations, events and concerts throughout the year with a maximum capacity of 1,000 people, Weaver Chapel plays host to a Lutheran service open to all that is led by the university pastor on Sunday mornings during the academic year. Weekday chapel occurs regularly.
Religious opportunities and organizations are available for students from various traditions. Houses of worship for all major faiths are within driving distance, with Springfield being home to a synagogue, two mosques, and a wide variety of churches, all of which welcome students, faculty and staff to participate.
4 East Campus Drive
Springfield, OH 45504