Located on E Campus Drive, Blair Hall was built in 1927 and was originally used as an experimental school for its education department. From its inception until 1943, Blair held classes for children grades K - 4 from the surrounding area. However, in 1943 with the looming threat of World War II, the school had to be disbanded and replaced with an Army Air Force Training School.
The newly remodeled building contains seminar, lecture, and meeting rooms and the newest in tech facilities, including an up-to-date Mac lab, media lab and the Barbara Steel Kane Production Room. Nationally recognized, Wittenberg's teacher education program, The Springfield-Wittenberg Teacher Institute, strives to develop educators who are not only skillful and knowledgeable, but also committed to the growth and well being of their students and their communities. In addition, Upward Bound, a program to help potential first-generation college students develop skills to succeed academically and personally in high school and ideally through college, is also housed in Blair.
With the on-going construction of the new health and wellness facility, Blair Hall is also currently housing Wittenberg's exercise science department.
2 East Campus Drive
Springfield, OH 45504