The historic 1929 Fieldhouse has been transformed into an epicenter of activity. Dated, interior spaces that housed offices and meeting rooms for Wittenberg's Department of Athletics since the building's construction in 1929 were renovated in 2018. The building now includes a strength training and wellness center, multipurpose recreational rooms for group fitness classes, spacious gathering spots for recruitment-centered needs, technology-enabled classrooms, modernized court surfaces for volleyball and basketball, locker rooms and ample storage areas, and open office spaces for faculty and staff members.
Virtual Tour Links
Pam Evans Smith Arena, which was part of an expansion in 1982, is home to the Tiger men's and women's basketball and men's and women's volleyball teams. Its rafters are filled with championship banners thanks to the extraordinary success of the Tiger teams, including two national championships for the men's basketball program and one for the women's volleyball program. The Arena includes an outstanding pressbox facility atop the north stands, and it is easily accessible from locker rooms and training rooms located nearby.
The HPER Center also includes the Bob Rosencrans Fitness Center opened at the HPER Center in 2006, two golf practice rooms, a weight room that will be completed in 2019, and a state-of-the-art natatorium, which serves as the practice and competition home for Tiger men's and women's swimming and diving and women's water polo. Legends Lobby highlights Wittenberg's athletics accomplishments both past and present, and includes displays celebrating inductees into the university's Athletics Hall of Honor.
Wittenberg is an NCAA Division III school and a member of the competitive North Coast Athletic Conference. Approximately 30 percent of our students participate in varsity athletics, and 65 percent participate in intramurals. Learn More About Wittenberg Athletics
- Department of Athletics
- Exercise Science
- Sport Management
- Health, Fitness and Sport
- Master of Athletic Coaching
250 Bill Edwards Dr.
Springfield, OH 45501